Saturday, July 19, 2008

Conceptart.org


I was just thinking back to a crazy event I went to several years ago. It was an art workshop put on by the group ConceptArt.org. I was there "officially" recruiting artists for a company, but man, did I get my mind blown. Holy smokes, these guys are talented. And they put on a hell of a show.
I saw some sights that would jigger your lights. Some highlights were Jason Manley and Nox doing crazy Photoshop paintings; El Coro, painting in his awesome notebooks; Marko Djurdjevic drawing on the walls; Android and Targete doing oil work; Peter Konig sculpting; Seeing the young guy known as "Insane Visions" getting discovered and hired... And perhaps my favorite moment - watching William Whitaker paint a beautiful portrait. I actually watched this amazing painting (pictured above) fly onto the canvas. Wow.
Check this spot out for some wild sights, if you are into concept art:

I also recommend their DVDs and workshops, if you are interested in creating art.

No comments: