Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My BEA experience

I had a blast with the wonderful folks of Candlewick, and the signing of SWORDS was great fun. Several of my own super-talented heroes showed up to offer their support, which really warmed my heart. Thanks to Brian Selznick, Robert Sabuda, Mathew Reinhart, Kate DiCamillo, and ALL the delightful people that stopped by!

Also thanks once again to Kate DiCamillo, as well as to Megan McDonald, Laura Amy Schlitz, Katherine Paterson, Mary Brigid Barrett, and all the Candlewick crew for making the Hollywood dinner so fun.

I have to say, Candlewick rocks. The entire team went above and beyond to make my trip amazing.

I also had a lovely breakfast with the sales team. Thank you for that!

I can't forget to mention the fun lunch with Rosemary Stimola (my agent), Elizabeth Bicknell (the Candlewick senior editor) and Katie Cunningham (another fantastic Candlewick editor). :)

My head was spinning, I met so many great people.

No comments: