Sunday, October 5, 2008

NCIBA book signing event

What a weekend! I just got back into town after going to the NCIBA (Northern California Independent Booksellers Association) convention in Oakland. I met up with Bob Ditter, the Nor Cal rep for Candlewick Press, and we had a really nice time. Bob is a fantastic guy, and I am so glad he was there! I owe Bob many thanks for all that he has done on my behalf. He seriously helped me out and kept me entertained with amazing stories, to boot.

When I actually got to the moment of signing, I realized that I hadn't eaten all day, and I was sort of light-headed from all the excitement. Thankfully, everyone that I met was super nice, and I got a lot of interesting feedback about the book. I only hope that I didn't seem too scatter-brained! I signed a few books with the wrong date, I was so overwhelmed, but I finally got in a groove. The rest was a colorful blur of people and signing and chatting, and before I knew it, the event was over.

I had a really good time, and I learned so much, and met so many nice people. Whew! This was an event to remember. How often do you sit chatting in a hotel bar, next to the Harry Potter rep, while noticing the likes of Neil Gaiman in your midst. Sheesh.

No comments: