Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13th Update

Wow, I've been swamped for a while now, and haven't posted a single thing since October. Here is a quick update of some of the latest happenings:

--Work continues on the next book (tentatively titled FANTASY: An Artist's Devotion). I'm having a blast - creating and painting, and there is a strange nostalgia that haunts me as I work. The book is bringing back a heady remembrance of childhood and all the fantastic landscapes of a young boy's imagination.

--I had a nice phone interview with Scott Farrell of Chivalry Today, which should be going up in December. I'll add a link to the show when it goes up.

--I'm going to have a signing of SWORDS this November 20th, at a book fair held in the Edna Maguire Elementary School, in Marin. That's coming up fast, and I can't wait. This will be my first school appearance. Proceeds will benefit the school library, so I'm happy to help.

--On December 6th, I'll be doing a double signing for Copperfield's Books, in Santa Rosa (at 10 am), and in Sebastopol (at 3 pm). Here is a link to the info.

--I was informed that SWORDS was featured in Renaissance Magazine, so I need to check that out.

--Today I found a lovely review of SWORDS at Fairrosa's Reading Journal.

--My agent Rosemary Stimola sent me a clip from the New York Times Book Review section, wherein Swords was given a nice little review. They even included a picture of one of the swords from the book!

--My editor Liz Bicknell informed me that SWORDS was selected by the PARENT'S CHOICE AWARDS (2008), as a recommended book. :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of stuff, but that's at least part of what has been stirring around here. Well, it's time to go back and dive within the imagination again... Back to the paintings I go!

No comments: